Sunday, March 6, 2011

The First Ever Blog - EVER - of this foto foodie

I remember back to the days when I used to have time to write, but lacking a topic and the desire, I spent that time doing other things.  Now, with this slow molten bubbling desire I have to get words on to paper, I wonder if I still have the ability, let alone the time to write it all down.  

Just coming out of a private college where the classes were small enough that I had one big term paper, if not more, in each class, every semester, I had the writing skills of an author, journalist, reporter and lobbyist.  I wrote papers in history, literature, poly sci, biology, Spanish and quite possibly chemistry - though I'd rather not think about that - that were held up to the demanding standards of professors who only had to read papers from a few students. But that was years ago - before husband, kids, house, yard, photography, etc.  So, now I lack the time, but the desire is almost bursting out of me; it's been slowly gurgling under the surface for so long that something has to give - it's time to write!

The funny part is, I don't even know WHAT I'm so bursting to be writing about!

For the last few years, I have been feeling a pull towards writing again, the "need" to spew on to paper something that I don't feel I have even put together yet in my mind. I don't know why I feel this pull, it's not like I have much to say - I can barely keep my thoughts together throughout the day, so how can I possibly link them together on paper! And without a solid topic, I can't imagine there are many who really want to travel the rambling hills and valleys of my brain.  So, why bother? 

Yet, here I am!  Starting a blog and having fun doing it! And if no one reads it, if no one really cares what I have to say, then, as my youngest repeatedly says about almost every little thing, "who cares".  I guess I'm doing it for my own good so that this molten lava of words that keeps building pressure in my soul will slowly ooze over into the life of my blog instead of building up so much pressure that one day it explodes from me in the form of ugly, hurtling, jagged rocks and debris!  

And so it begins... the journey of a foto foodie!  I hope it's as fun and inspiring as it is delicious!

4 comments:

  1. you better believe I am following this blog! I have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's yours?! I wanna check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you use words... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Carey! That means a lot coming from you - an accomplished writer!! Thanks for following! Now you can feed my spirit and I can feed your body! :)

    ReplyDelete